A place to call home




This link provides housing information for veterans who needs a place to live such as the HUD-VASH:



This link provides specific information about the HUD-VASH. The HUD-VASH is like a rental assistance program housing program, but only for Veterans. Check it out. Maybe you or someone you know can use the help:



This link provides information for housing for Veterans:



If you or someone you know own is a homeowner, this link provides information on how to utilize you home for medical foster home for Veterans:



You can also search this link for Volunteer of American to find information for various types of housing:



Best of luck on your search my friend:











This link provides information for the 10 best States that provide low income housing:




This link provides information about low income and affordable housing and also highlights the difference between the two types of housing. You can also search for both types of housing by state from this link:




This link provides information about common questions and answers or affordable housing:





These links provide information for State and City Funded Rental Housing Programs as well as all the programs you will notice below:


















Home / Program Offices / Community Planning and Development / Affordable Housing


Who Needs Affordable Housing?

Families who pay more than 30 percent of their income for housing are considered cost burdened and may have difficulty affording necessities such as food, clothing, transportation and medical care. An estimated 12 million renter and homeowner households now pay more than 50 percent of their annual incomes for housing. A family with one full-time worker earning the minimum wage cannot afford the local fair-market rent for a two-bedroom apartment anywhere in the United States.

Where Can Individuals Find Assistance?

Individuals looking for assistance can:

What is HUD Doing to Support Affordable Housing?

Within the Office of Community Planning and Development, the Office of Affordable Housing Programs (OAHP) administers the following grant programs designed to increase the stock of housing affordable to low-income households.

  • The HOME Investments Partnerships Program (HOME) provides grants to States and local governments to fund a wide range of activities including 1) building, buying, and/or rehabilitating housing for rent or homeownership or 2) providing direct rental assistance to low-income families. It is the largest Federal block grant program for State and local governments designed exclusively to create affordable housing for low-income households.
  • The National Housing Trust Fund (HTF) supports the acquisition, new construction, or reconstruction of rental units for extremely low-income families or families with incomes below the poverty line, whichever is greater.

HUD’s Office of Housing and Office of Public and Indian Housing also administer programs to increase the amount of affordable housing available for low-income households across the nation.

What Information Does HUD Provide?

The HUD Exchange provides a hub for HOME Program information, tools and templates, research, evaluations, best practices, guides, training manuals, and more including:

Related tools and resources can be accessed through HOME Topics.

The HUD Exchange also provides:

  • Email Updates – To receive CPD communications about program policy, upcoming trainings, resources, reporting deadlines, technical assistance, and more, sign up on the HUD Exchange Mailing List.
  • Training Opportunities – For information on upcoming events, self-paced online training, and recorded webinars, go to Training and Events.
  • Grantee Information – To view amounts awarded to organizations under HUD programs over the past several years, go to CPD Allocations and Awards. To learn more about the agencies and organizations that have received funding, visit About Grantees.
  • Assistance with Reporting System Questions – If you have a question related to eCon Planning Suite or IDIS, please submit your question and get a response through Ask A Question.
  • In-depth Advising – To learn about extended communication or long-term assistance available to CPD grantees, visit Technical Assistance.

If you are an organization with a policy question related to HOME,or National Housing Trust Fund (HTF) please contact your local HUD Field Office for assistance.

How Can My Organization Receive Funds?

Participating jurisdictions receive HOME grants through a formula to fund housing programs which meet local needs and priorities. To find out about how to apply for HOME assistance in your community, contact an agency nearest to your community.


Best of luck with your search my friend.